These Pigeon Point management components focus on the VPX and ANSI/VITA 46.11 architectures and address the overall chassis level as well as the individual module or Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) level. They benefit from our years of leadership in specification development and interoperability testing, first within PICMG® and then throughout the development of VITA 46.11-2015, which was purposely modeled on the management layer of PICMG’s AdvancedTCA.
- Pigeon Point Chassis Management Mezzanine (ChMM) Products
- Pigeon Point Board Management Reference (BMR) Products
PIGEON POINT CHASSIS MANAGEMENT MEZZANINE SOLUTION
These solutions comply with ANSI/VITA 46.11-2015 and use Chassis Management
Mezzanines (ChMMs): small mezzanine boards that install in a custom carrier optimized for your chassis architecture. Alternatively, you can license the schematic of the ChMM-700R and integrate that schematic into the design of the board or module that will handle Chassis Manager responsibilities. This ChMM subsystem is pre-loaded with the market-leading Pigeon Point Chassis Manager, producing a ChMM carrier or integrated board or module that implements a Chassis Manager tailored to your chassis, with minimal development effort.
The Pigeon Point Chassis Management Starter Kit minimizes your chassis development effort and includes:
- BENCH TOP HARDWARE Immediate hands-on familiarization and "known-good" reference as you bring up your chassis
- REFERENCE SCHEMATICS ChMM carrier schematics as starting point for your custom carrier design; optionally, schematics of the ChMM itself can be licensed
- FIRMWARE MODIFICATIONS Adjustments to the Chassis Adaptation Layer in the Pigeon Point Chassis Manager for your chassis
- COMPREHENSIVE DOCUMENTATION Covers hardware and firmware; targets both the chassis developer and chassis user
- ONE YEAR OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT Both hardware and firmware; includes schematic review of your design after you have integrated the PPS-supplied schematic
PIGEON POINT CHASSIS MANAGEMENT MEZZANINE PRODUCTS
CHASSIS MANAGEMENT MEZZANINE (ChMM)
|Pigeon Point ChMM-700R and Chassis Manager||Schroff Catalog Number||Base||Starter Kit||Important Note|
|Core of an ANSI/VITA 46.11-2015 Chassis Manager, complete with a NXP i.MX287 ARM9 processor, 128MB SDRAM and 64MB Flash, plus dual IPMB, Ethernet and serial interfaces.|
|- Chassis Management Mezzanine – 700 (Commercial Temperature)||21990-603|
- Chassis Management Mezzanine – 700 (Industrial Temperature)
** ChMM-700RI modules (p/n 21990-602) support an industrial temperature range. HOWEVER, the NXP i.MX287 will require a heat sink/cold plate, and likely airflow, in order to ensure its junction temperature does not exceed 105°C when operating at ambient temperatures above 70°C. Refer to Section 5 in the PPMM-700R Hardware Architecture document for further details.
|- Chassis Management Starter Kit (ChMM-700R)||21991-140|
|Pigeon Point Chassis Manager Source Code|
|Allows sophisticated users or developers of ChMM-based shelves to replace the Shelf Manager on their ChMMs with a customized or extended version.||Contact nVent
PIGEON POINT BOARD MANAGEMENT REFERENCE SOLUTION
The Pigeon Point Board Management Reference (BMR) solutions include schematics and
firmware source code, ready for easy and quick integration with your VPX module or other FRU. Each solution is built around highly-integrated core silicon: a SmartFusion® intelligent mixed signal FPGA, a Xilinx Zynq® Ultrascale+™ multiprocessor system-on-chip, or an STMicroelectronics ARM® Cortex®-M4 based STM32F4 high performance microcontroller.
These solutions leverage NVent SCHROFF's leadership and history in similar PICMG solutions by including support for two key PICMG specifications, HPM.1 and HPM.2. HPM.1 defines an implementation-independent IPMC firmware upgrade architecture that is now essentially universally implemented across AdvancedTCA IPMCs.
HPM.2 defines LAN-attached IPMCs that can leverage an existing on-module LAN connection to provide a much faster link for management traffic, augmenting System IPMB.
The Pigeon Point Board Management Starter Kit minimizes your management controller development effort and includes:
- BENCH TOP HARDWARE Immediate hands-on familiarization and "known-good" reference as you bring up your module or other intelligent FRU
- REFERENCE SCHEMATICS Ready for integration with the schematics of your board
- REFERENCE FPGA DESIGN Usable on the SmartFusion core silicon, as is, or with added custom logic
- COMPLETE FIRMWARE SOURCE CODE Designed for easy configuration to the specifics of your VPX module
- COMPLETE GNU TOOL CHAIN Includes source code; supports Cortex-M3 in your management controller
- COMPREHENSIVE DOCUMENTATION Covers hardware and firmware; includes customization and bring up guidance
- ONE YEAR OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT Both hardware and firmware; includes schematic review of your board design
For more detailed information, read the product briefs listed below.
PIGEON POINT BOARD MANAGEMENT REFERENCE PRODUCT
An introduction to configuring, using and updating the Chassis Manager, including specific aspects for the ChMM-700R.
A reference for the command line, Web, SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) and RMCP (Remote Management Control Protocol) interfaces of the Chassis Manager.
nVent serves local and multi-national companies with sales offices and manufacturing locations around the world. You can find all our global sales office and distributors for Schroff products here.
For inquiries regarding Pigeon Point products, please contact our direct pigeon point product customer service.
Direct contact for nVent SCHROFF Pigeon Point products
|General Information:||[email protected]|