EDGE TO THE CLOUD, GREATER EFFICIENCY AND LOWER COST OF OWNERSHIP
The use of containment systems can dramatically reduce energy costs, minimize hot spots and improve the carbon footprint of the data center.
Both hot aisle containment (HAC) and cold aisle containment (CAC) systems greatly improve the data center cooling efficiency by segregating cold and hot air streams and preventing them from intermixing. The basic design principle is to enclose the hot or cold aisle through the use of aisle-way doors, roof or baffle panels, and internal sealing within the cabinets.
nVent SCHROFF offers tailored modular aisle containment solutions that include containment doors, aisle top covers, cladding elements and halogen-free gaskets.
Containment solutions for optimization of air flow in classic data center cooling environments up to 12 kW per rack.
Separation saves energy
- Consistent air management - separating the warm and cold areas - offers big savings
- Cold air is provided over a raised floor system in front of the server racks: aisle doors, top covers, blanking panels and gaskets separate cold and warm air and force the air to the air intake opening of the IT equipment
- Modular, standard components provide flexibility and speed of implementation
- Tough, scratch resistant safety glass inserts
- Universal profile allows OEM cabinets to be integrated without problems
- Leading panels and gaskets to ensure minimum air losses
Digital Design Tools
Cold Aisle Containment
- Selector type tool
- Guides you through key decisions in the design process
- Includes options for quantity, size and color of cabinets, perforated vs non perforated doors, security, dimensions and construction of cold aisle
- Provides relevant information to our design team
- Takes less than 5 minutes to complete